How to Automate Okta Administrative Operations
for Higher Productivity
Although IAM tool Okta is used for this purpose, it can quickly turn into a scaling bottleneck for large enterprises that include multiple users. With Okta, users can manage access rights and connect to the requisite SaaS apps, mobile apps, devices, on-premise apps, and infrastructure systems. But, the tool falls short in the case of the following challenges:
- Admins need to perform manual and repetitive tasks. These range from resetting user passwords to managing service desk requests.
- Mundane tasks like manual provisioning and de-provisioning consume resources and increase costs.
- Employee productivity reduces substantially owing to the time consumed by admin tasks.
All this and more call for a dedicated solution that automates such redundant tasks and saves admins from unproductive operational loopholes.
And this is exactly where Flint comes in!
How Flint Automates Okta Admin Operations
Flint is an IT platform that orchestrates digital processes and automates cloud services. It readily integrates with Okta to pave the way for seamless component communication, imparting intelligent workflows into the equation.
With exclusive out-of-the-box services for Okta, admins can deploy automated workflows for tasks such as provisioning/deprovisioning users, resetting passwords, locking users, and more. Admins can perform every Okta action that they usually do, while also tying them with automation.
The resulting custom workflows trim down lengthy and repetitive processes into their flexible counterparts that can be remotely triggered from any ITSM platform. And this is securely executed through self-service portals.
And the best part? Every workflow can be hyper-customized to cater to complex employee onboarding processes of organizations.
Benefits of Flint for Enterprises
- Reduction in the time spent on manual Okta requests by multiple bounds.
- Overhauling entire routine workflows and setting them up for automatic triggers in the case of predefined events.
- An increase in the quality and reliability of workflows since all similar actions are executed identically.
- Higher levels of employee motivation and productivity while also boosting innovation capabilities.
- Significant reduction of costs and turnaround times of support requests and admin tasks.
- Higher availability of organisational resources for other complex tasks.
Use-case of Okta User Provisioning with Flint
Let’s dive deeper into the practical aspect of the integration and understand how Flint bridges the gap between manual processes and automation.
Consider the legacy workflow of Okta user provisioning from an ITSM tool:
- A new employee Jane has recently joined a company. The HR executive needs an employee account for Jane to complete her onboarding process.
- The HR rep raises a service request on the ITSM tool to request the same.
- The admin manually visits the ITSM tool and notes down all relevant details of Jane.
- He/she then acknowledges the raised request and logs into Okta to enter the requisite details.
- The account is finally created, and the admin reverts back on the ITSM tool with details.
With Flint, here is how users can leverage automation to eliminate the associated operational hassle:
- The HR executive raises a request on the ITSM tool for user provisioning.
- Every subsequent step is automatically handled by Flint!
And that’s not all!
Flint can also simultaneously handle hoards of such requests without any lag in performance.
Flint’s Okta integration capability empowers Okta users to execute mundane tasks with minimal human intervention. Not only does it eliminate the involved inaccuracy-related risks, but it also imparts a next-gen operational ecosystem that can be scaled beyond measure!
Visit our website to learn more about how we can make automated Okta admin workflows a reality for your organization.