Effective Solution for Cloud Sprawl You Never Knew Existed

Effective Solution for Cloud Sprawl You Never Knew Existed

The cloud adoption growth trajectory in a considerably short span of time has been downright remarkable. As per latest prediction, almost 90 per cent organisations will have moved some or all of their tech operations to the cloud by end of 2019. The remaining 10 per cent will, in all likelihood, follow suit by 2021. For all its advantages and transformative abilities, cloud operations do have an undeniable downside too – cloud sprawl.

Cloud sprawl refers to the unchecked proliferation of an organisation’s cloud services triggered by an expansion of cloud-based computing resources that far outdoes the requirement. Since organisations pay for cloud computing resources on per-use basis, cloud sprawl can prove to be a costly enterprise.

Strategies to Contain Cloud Sprawl

If left unchecked, cloud sprawl can trigger a host of other problems within an organisation. Therefore, effectively containing this phenomenon is a crucial part of IT operations. Flint cloud management services are aimed at helping you solve this problem with unique yet effective solutions based on a unified management approach:

Clearly Defined Cloud Strategy

Before addressing cloud sprawl, Flint tackles the root of the problem by establishing a clearly defined cloud strategy for its clients. This includes solutions such as role-based access control, establishing protocols and putting in place migration and use policies, which when communicated to all stakeholders and users can ensure seamless weeding out of cloud sprawl.

Expert Handling of Cloud Migration

A well-executed cloud migration strategy can in many ways mitigate the risk of cloud sprawl altogether. With a thorough understanding of how, when, and where to move workloads, Flint can be your reliable partner in expertly handling cloud migration.

Unified Management Approach

Instead of setting up different points of access, Flint offers a unified platform, a single pane of glass, if you will, for managing diverse workloads, cloud resources, and taking automated actions all from one place. This empowers cloud operators and admins to base their management decisions on actionable insights.

Developing Cloud Governance Policies and Protocols

Setting in place cloud policies and requisite protocols play a fundamental role in checking cloud sprawl as these can enable automatic de-provisioning and shutdown of unnecessary workloads after a pre-determined period. Flint helps you set these policies for governance that touch upon not just the broad issues of proliferation but also finer intricacies such as access to applications, cloud services, as well as SaaS solutions usage, for employees working remotely.

Handling Cloud Sprawl Holistically

All these cloud sprawl containing solutions and strategies can yield results only when they are backed by a platform capable of managing a combination of cloud providers in a holistic manner. Flint with its streamlined cloud management solutions that rely on a standardised management approach toward the public, private, and hybrid clouds makes it easy to handle cloud infrastructures diverse in structure, usage, and cost from a single platform. This enhances the ability to collect, consolidate, and analyse utilisation and performance metrics to deliver greater transparency, which ultimately helps in reining in any tendencies of cloud sprawl.

Being one of the few cloud management platforms capable of handling public, private and hybrid cloud, Flint also delivers the added advantage of increased flexibility through swift deployment and development of applications. This agility helps rein in incidence of cloud sprawl considerably by deployment of workloads anytime and anywhere without the need for maintaining an IT infrastructure capable of supporting these changes. This not only helps boost performance but also keeps costs under check.

The element of versatility is another driving force behind Flint's effective multi-cloud management. As a cloud management platform that can be either consumed as Saas or deployed on-premise, Flint enables automation, optimises management and provides greater control to create an environment designed to drive operational efficiency.